Although the incredible amount of cuteness of baby clothes is what usually first draws your attention when thinking of buying babies clothes, you need to be mindful that the most important thing when it comes to the baby clothes is whether they are comfortable and suitable for the particular season. Also, you need to keep in mind that there are a lot of things to do around a baby from preparing meals and feeding it to watching over it when it sleeps and making sure that have enough sleep. With that in mind, you need to be aware of the fact that you will be often changing your baby’s clothes and that the best solution is to buy clothes you don’t have to mess around a lot with.
Here are a few things you need to go before you go shopping for the clothes for your little one:
Buy clothes without buttons, ties, bows, and anything that could possibly hurt your baby. Shop by your baby’s weight and not by age because sizes vary from a shop to a shop. Choose washable clothes to avoid the time and energy of hand washing especially because you will have a lot of pieces of clothing to wash on almost a daily basis. Pick fire-safe sleepwear or choose all-natural fabrics that are flame retardant when they fit snuggly
Check out the list of the essential pieces of clothing you need to buy for your newborn:
- One piece outfits (5-7) – these are very convenient for the first few months because, in this period, baby spends most of its time sleeping so dressing them in something so comfortable and cozy is the best option
- Leggings (4-7) – Look for T-shirts with plenty of room around baby’s necks because it will make them feel more comfortable and allow you to dress and undress your baby more easily and quickly
- Pull-on trousers – when buying trousers for your baby, keep in mind that you need to buy a few pairs of comfortable trousers so that you can pull them on and off easily when changing messy diapers. Also, look for leggings that have feet so that you won’t have to buy separate socks.
- Pramsuit – in case it’s a winter time, it’s very important to buy pramsuit to keep your baby warm and protected from the snow and rainy weather when outdoors. There is a wide range of cute pramsuits with different patterns and colors you can choose from. Also, in this way, your baby’s body and feet are all covered so you don’t have to worry whether they are cold or not.
- Wearable blankets – wearable blankets are fleece or cotton sacks that you can zip over your baby s head and keep them safe and warm during the night. They replace traditional blankets which babies usually uncover during the night. Naturally, if the weather is warm, avoid using wearable blankets.
- Hats- if your baby is born in summer in a warm climate, you will need to use some form of sun protection for your baby. Since your newborn is very small, you should avoid using and sun lotions and sun repellents because your baby may be allergic to it. Instead, buy a simple sun hat that will protect your baby from the sun without causing any consequences or have a bad impact on your baby’s health.
- Side-snap T-shirts – side-snap T-shirts are the essentials when it comes to a dressing a newborn. Besides bodysuits, these are the second most useful piece of clothing you should buy because it will make the whole process of changing your baby’s clothes much less time to consume and easier.
- The open bottom doesn’t fit as snugly as a bodysuit and will give you added peace of mind of not bumping the umbilical cord.
- Gown – although you may think that gowns are only for baby girls, they are a perfect piece of clothing for baby boys too. They usually come with handcuffs that can be folded so as to prevent your little one from scratching his or her face.